Military / Veterans Resources

Military Help
Looking for a government job? Seeking employment after your military career ends? Do you find USAJOBS are to navigate? Then I can help you. As a service member from 1979 to 1985, I have first hand knowledge on how to turn your military experience into credible experience for a government job. I have tools available to translate your MOS into a relevant resume, with bullet points, and KSA's, to word and target your resume specifically to the job you want to apply for. In addition to your MOS, we can take your training, accomplishments, awards, campaign recognitions, decorations and research occupations to a specific career path that matches your experience. We will highlight your technical and intangible skills ( mechanics, pilots, engineers etc... and leadership, discipline, work ethics, and teamwork) and Interpersonal and interdisciplinary skills to demonstrate how the knowledge, training, and hands on skills you possess can be transferred to a civilian position. My services are one on one, working with you personally, not directing you to another writer, or a computer program as other services do. Nor will your resume end up sounding like legalese, no we will work together to Identify the job you qualify for, translate your skills, and target you to become "best Qualified" as an applicant. So whether you are a veteran leaving or retiring from the service, a Disabled Veteran or Widowed Spouse with Entitlements, and even if you have been out for a while and possibly qualify as a Civilians with Disabilities entitlements give me a call, lets see what I can do for you. Matt P.

Here are some free resources, good luck.

Five points are added to the passing examination score or rating of a veteran who served:
During a war; or
During the period April 28, 1952 through July 1, 1955; or
For more than 180 consecutive days, other than for training, any part of which occurred after January 31, 1955, and before October 15, 1976; or
During the Gulf War from August 2, 1990, through January 2, 1992; or
For more than 180 consecutive days, other than for training, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom; or
In a campaign or expedition for which a campaign medal has been authorized. Any Armed Forces Expeditionary medal or campaign badge, including El Salvador, Lebanon, Grenada, Panama, Southwest Asia, Somalia, and Haiti, qualifies for preference.

10-Point Preference
Ten points are added to the passing examination score of:
A veteran who served any time and who (1) has a present service- connected disability or (2) is receiving compensation, disability retirement benefits, or pension from the military or the Department of Veterans Affairs. Individuals who received a Purple Heart qualify as disabled veterans.
An unmarried spouse of certain deceased veterans, a spouse of a veteran unable to work because of a service-connected disability, and
A mother of a veteran who died in service or who is permanently and totally disabled.

Applicants claiming 10-point preference must complete form SF-15

Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
Under the VRA, a you can be appointed to a white -collar position through GS 11 without having to compete with other applicants.
The VRA is open to you if you are a disabled veteran who served on active duty during a war or major campaign and you have left the service under honorable conditions within three years.